Liebster Award #2
I’ve received another Liebster Award, this time from the lovely Jamila! Thank you so much for the nomination; I’m honored! ❤ She runs an exceptionally entertaining and intriguing blog, so do consider heading over to her site and checking her out. You’ll definitely learn a cool thing or two and probably have a good little giggle at the same time.
The rules for this Liebster Award are a bit different from the first one I did, but no trouble there. The rulezzzz –yes, the rulezzzz–are as follows:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to them.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers (and let them know you’ve nominated them).
5. Answer 11 questions (from the person who gave you the award) and ask your nominees 11 new questions.
Of course, you don’t have to accept the award if you’ve been nominated and would rather not participate…but honestly, why not join in? It’s fun!
My 11 random facts:
- I can speak and/or read 4 languages: English, Italian, Latin, and ancient Greek.
- I would eventually like to speak/read at least 10 languages. In addition to the 4 I already know, I would like to study Spanish, French, German, Turkish, Arabic, and what’s left of Etruscan.
- I would like to become a published novelist. I’ve finished 5 novels but haven’t sent them to any agents yet.
- I’m a night owl, yet at the same time I’m an early bird. No sleep, basically.
- I believe in past lives.
- I’ve always loved Roman history, ever since I was very, very young.
- My favorite emperor is Claudius.
- I immensely dislike summer because of the heat.
- I have crowdsurfed once in my life. I’m glad I did it but it’s not something I would do again.
- I know—somewhat—how to do English country dancing, swing dancing, and traditional Turkish dance. I’d like to learn salsa and ballroom dancing next.
- I used to work as an editor.
11 nominated blogs:
Jamila’s 11 questions:
- Would you rather kill someone or be killed ?
Gahhh oh my god. That escalated quickly, didn’t it? It would depend entirely on the situation, whether I’m acting in self-defense or protecting someone I love. Ideally I would of course prefer to avoid violence.
- Have you blogged on any other platforms, and if so, how do they compare to WordPress?
I occasionally use Tumblr, but it’s much easier to connect with other people on WordPress. There’s just so much stuff on Tumblr it’s hard to sort through it all. I’ve started and subsequently abandoned several other WordPress blogs in the past, one about classics, another about writing, and another about spirituality.
- How would you like to be buried when you die?
This question naturally follows after what we discussed in question 1, doesn’t it…honestly I’d like to be buried just as I am, nothing fancy, preferably in a wooded area or surrounded by nature and flowers. Back to the earth, back to where I came from.
4. You have an argument with someone in a cafe and storm out. You then realise, with horror, that you left your bag in there. Do you: a) Go back in, apologise and retrieve it, b) Forget the bag, c) Rush back in, retrieve it, and then storm out again, or d) Deal with it in another way (please specify!)
- Your friend gives you a scented candle for your birthday. Now, you don’t mind ordinary candles but there’s something about scented ones that makes you feel nauseous. So you decide to leave the candle outside the house on your garden wall for a passer-by to take. You even go so far as to stick a Post-It Note to it saying “Take Me”. The thing is, forgetting about the candle, you invite over the friend who gave it to you. They see it on your garden wall and ask you what it’s doing there. What do you tell them? Your answer may be as elaborate and creative as you like.
Erm…well, you see…dear, it was just that last night aliens came down in my back yard and held me for ransom, and they threatened to do all these experiments to me like breaking down my amino acids and restructuring my carbon chains—and of course like the brave badass that I am I just started bawling and begging them to spare me for the love of Jupiter and Pollux. Turns out one of them had an affinity for scented candles, especially vanilla ones…so I gave it to them in the hopes they would leave me alone. And they did. But they forgot it. It fell out of the spaceship as they were taking off. And I just left it there on the garden wall in case they come back. Who knows, they might come back next Tuesday!!
- You accidentally delete a ten page document on someone’s computer, which they’ve been working on writing for a week. There is no possible way of retrieving it. What do you do you do about it/tell them?
I would probably pretend that the computer froze or just shut down out of the blue. Yes, I would completely lie and blame their inanimate hunk of technological crap in order to cover my stupidity.
- Would you rather torture someone or be tortured?
I feel this question should have come before question 1. Oh dear. Dear dear dear. It also would depend on the situation. BUT I DON’T CONDONE VIOLENCE, CHILDREN. NEVER EVER!
- What are your interests that you spend the most time thinking about?
Romans. And more Romans. And, you know, Romans.
- What makes you uncomfortable to think about?
The subject matter of questions 1 and 7. And anyone restructuring my carbon chains.
- What do you loathe about the shared human mindset?
What bothers me, honestly, is the general apathetic stupidity of the human race. People simply refuse to think about things for themselves and consider outside sources when arriving at conclusions to problems. They just go with whatever everyone else tells them or what everyone else believes instead of developing their own independent opinion, spewing the same old B.S. like drooling mobs of rabid sheep. (I have personally never seen a rabid sheep, don’t know if it’s even possible for rabid sheep to exist, but the metaphor has served its purpose.)
- What do you love doing?
Yay, a happy question! There are a lot of things I love to do, but I especially like playing and tinkering with words. Reading, writing, learning new languages, things along those lines. Give me a handful of words to play with—or better yet, an entire dictionary or two—and I would be in bliss for days. I also like being outdoors….not being eaten by rabid sheep.
11 new questions for my nominees:
1. Do you prefer nighttime or daytime and why?
2. Do you prefer gold or silver and why?
3. Are you left-handed or right-handed?
4. If you could only read either fiction or nonfiction books for the rest of your life, which would you choose and why?
5. Ice cream or sorbet?
6. What kind of toppings do you like on your pizza?
7. If viewing the world in full color were no longer an option, would you rather see the world in grayscale or various shades of a single color of your choosing? I.e. red, blue, etc.
8. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
9. What’s the strangest book you have, either in terms of its title or subject matter?
10. Would you rather bungee jump or skydive?
11. Cake or cookies? Is it possible to choose?