Liebster Award #3
Copious thank-yous to crumpledpapercranes for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Please go have a look at her lovely poetry blog if you have the chance — there’s always something pretty to look at or pleasant to read on there!
The rules of this Liebster are:
Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog.
Answer that person’s 10 questions.
Nominate 10 people who have fewer than 200 followers (and let them know you’ve nominated them).
Ask your nominees 10 new questions.
So, without further ado — thank you again! If you’d like to read crumpledpapercranes’ original Liebster post, you can check it out here. 🙂
Crumpledpapercranes’ 10 questions:
- Do you like black coffee? If so, why and how? No…I’m not very fond of coffee and rarely drink it. I do like tea though, especially black tea—plain, with no sugar or cream.
- If you could sing a duet with anyone in the world, who would that be? My little fangirl heart went thump-a-thump at that question. Oh my goodness. It’s so hard to decide, never mind the fact that I can’t sing to save my life. Oh dear. I stalk so many singers on Twitter and Tumblr and Pinterest and everywhere else. Gahhh. Too many. Too many. How could I ever pick just one?! *sobs, rolls over, then grins maniacally* Darren Criss. Darren Criss is absolute perfection. *delighted, half-sobbing, half-maniacal laughter * Yes. Yessss. Oh God. Oh God! *falls onto floor and stays there, still grinning maniacally*
- Do your parents know of your worst childhood deed? Oh definitely. I’m a blabbermouth. Honestly, I wasn’t a very mischievous child. The worst I did was butcher my own hair, then proceed to cut up one of my mom’s heirloom lace doilies with similar gusto, and pull a cat off a dresser by its tail. I regret the episode with the cat—the debacle with the scissors, not so much.
- What is your latest topic of fixation/obsession/fascination? Please see #2, ahem. Actually, in all seriousness, right now I’ve been extremely interested in astrophysics and astronomy. This is in part because I’m studying for an astronomy exam, but also just because it’s a fascinating topic in general. I really like the idea of spacetime and how it behaves. It’s been tempting me to change my major!
- You find yourself awake on a park bench, naked in a highly populated area. What do you do? Hmm. Interesting question. I should speak from experience and lessons learned the hard way, which tell me that the proper response is to quietly and casually try to escape…however, because I rarely pay attention to lessons learned the hard way, I’m going to say I would start dancing on said park bench, and then begin reciting poetry, because why the hell not? [Update: these actions will probably result in you receiving a personalized tour of the local jail. Might not be to everyone’s taste. Proceed with caution.]
- Do you know how to cartwheel? Not at all. When I was a little girl one of my friends tried to teach me, with epic failure as the result. However, I do seem to have a talent for tripping over my own feet. Does that count for anything?
- As a child, did you have a pogo stick? No…God, I’m so boring. When I was a child I had a jump rope and that was about it.
- Who were the pop culture icons at the time of your childhood/teenhood? To be honest, I was pretty out of touch with pop culture during my childhood and teen years. Justin Bieber is the main one I remember. I had my head in an entirely different world.
- What makes you anxious? Everything. Seriously, everything. I struggle a lot with anxiety.
- Hummus, or guacamole? Your dip of choice. Hummus, definitely.
My ten nominees:
My 10 Questions for the Nominees:
- If you could take a pill and magically speak any language in the world, which one would it be?
- Do you prefer pencils or pens and why?
- Do you prefer cool weather or warm weather and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Have you ever read a book that completely changed you/your life? Which one?
- How many books do you own? (Feel free to estimate!)
- Do you like to dance? If so, what kind of dance?
- Can you touch your toes?
- How many apps are on your phone?
- Which app is your favorite?
Thanks for reading, everyone! Happy blogging~