This post was due a long time ago! I apologize profusely for not having it up sooner — as per my previous post on this blog, life has been really hectic lately (in a good way) and so I wasn’t able to get to this as quickly as I would’ve liked to. I just wanted to extend a big thank you from the bottom of my heart to Gabriel and KalelKites, who graciously nominated me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award and My Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, respectively. I appreciate it to the edges of the universe and back! Thank you so much for supporting me and coming along with me on my photographic/poetic wanderings!
I LOVE DRAGONS! And I love this picture so much! This award is for honoring and acknowledging your loyal readers, the ones who engage with your blog, like your posts, comment, etc. To accept the award, simply display it on your blog, thank and link back to the person who nominated you, nominate 15 other people (and let them know) and share 7 random facts about yourself. Thank you again, Gabriel! 🙂
My 15 nominees, all lovely followers whose likes and comments I appreciate dearly (note, I know some of you prefer to not accept awards, and that’s 100% okay; I still wanted to nominate you anyway just to demonstrate my appreciation of your readership):
7 random facts about me
- I love all kinds of tea. Plain black tea is my favorite—no cream, no sugar.
- The longest I’ve ever gone without sleeping was 3 days. Hmm…I wonder if any caffeine was involved…
- I like ghost/demon possession/creepy stories. That could be a contributing factor to fact 2…
- I stalk too many celebrities on Twitter. And Pinterest. And Tumblr. And everywhere else. Too many, believe me. *Ahem* Darren Criss *Ahem*
- I’m an epic procrastinator. I often will write essays several hours before they’re due. I know perfectly well that I could start them weeks in advance, but I just won’t. And I know that I won’t. And I never care.
- Some of my talents include walking into walls in broad daylight, tripping over my own feet, falling over backwards in chairs, and slipping flat on my butt in kiddie pools.
- The weirdest night of my life involved me being stuck outside of a strip club…in the middle of the sketchiest part of town …alone…without my purse…while holding an orange. I don’t want to explain how that situation came about. No, I did not go inside the strip club. Yes, I did make it back to my dorm in one piece.
Thank you so much for the nomination, KalelKites! I’m quite honored and humbled to be part of the sisterhood of the world bloggers 🙂 The rules of this award are to thank and link back to the person who gave you the award, answer 10 questions they’ve written for you, nominate 10 other people (and let them know) and then write a list of 10 new questions for your nominees to answer. Without further ado, here are mine!
1. If you could have a sixth sense, would would you want it to be?
I would love to be clairvoyant. It might risk living in a state of perpetual information overload, but I would rather know more than know less.
2. If you had to live in any book’s setting for the rest of your life, what book’s setting would you choose to live in (*doesn’t necessarily have to be your favorite book)?
Earthsea from Ursula K. Le Guin’s Earthsea cycle. I don’t know why but I love, love, love Earthsea, and whenever I read one of her books I want to stay there forever. Why? Because magic. And mages. And did I mention magic?
3. Favorite ethnic food?
Turkish dolma. (Basically hollowed-out vegetables stuffed with rice.)
4. Special talent?
Good question….tripping over my own feet? Being painfully awkward in social situations?
5. Biggest goal for the future?
Publishing novels and/or professorship. Both are probably a long way in the future.
6. What do you think is the worst way a book character could die?
In a way that doesn’t contribute to the plot or advance the storyline forward. They would just be a waste of letters and paper in that case, and there’s nothing worse than a meaningless death in my opinion.
7. Best dream you’ve had?
Honestly….it might’ve been one in which I was shamelessly eating an entire chocolate cake by myself, and everything felt so vivid and real I was genuinely disappointed and reduced to tears when I woke up and realized none of it had been actually happening.
8. What is your spirit animal?
9. Guilty pleasure tv show?
Honey Boo Boo. Yeah. Please don’t kill me.
10. Share a writing tip.
Just write, and keep writing. Don’t stop for anything. It sounded cliched, but it’s true. You just have to actually put your butt down, pick up the pen, and start plugging away at your story.
My 10 Nominees
My 10 Questions
1. Is there one childhood memory that stands out more than any others? Which and why?
2. Do you have a clothing item that is your “signature” piece?
3. What’s your favorite drink to order at a coffee shop?
4. Do you have a favorite flower?
5. Dogs or cats?
6. Which author/poet was most influential on you and why?
7. If you could live in any country, which would you pick and why?
8. Is there a time of day when you feel most creative?
9. Do you have a favorite holiday?
10. Do you have a lucky color/number?
Thanks so much to everyone for reading and participating! I will edit typos and such in the morning ❤